Session Chairs: Maria Chiara Di Guardo, Michela Marchiori, Luigi Moschera
Organizational innovation is generally considered one of the determinants in the success of firms and public organizations. Since the recent acceleration of technological change and its rapid penetration in all economic sectors (known as the Fourth Industrial Revolution), firms must have the capability to generate innovation continually and, consequently, adequately maintain the organizational structures and behaviours of those who operate within them.
This session hosts research contributions on organizational innovation at different levels with a special interest in the relationship between digitization and organizations.
We are looking for empirical and theoretical research papers that investigate the following aspects in more detail.
- Organizational Structures Design, Organizational Processes, Organizational Boundaries, and Division of Labour in Hi-Tech and Innovative Ecosystems.
In particular, we are looking for:
- Innovation in organizational structures; new design of open structures; network organizations, platforms, business model innovation, crowdsourcing and open innovation.
- Innovation in the organizational processes design, information system management, project management, public project management, Management Standard Systems design.
- Managing hi-tech innovation, digitalization and robotics: organizational change and division of labour, team management, design and organization structures.
- Innovation and new forms of work organization: teleworking, smart-working, agile solutions, coworking, communities of practices, virtual communities.
- Human resource management, human behaviour and knowledge management in hi-tech and innovative ecosystems
- High performance work systems; digital HRM (e-recruitment, e-learning; HR big data & analytics, etc.); motivation and leadership, team and group management.
- Talent management and employer branding; empowerment, knowledge digital management, diversity management, change management.
- Business education and entrepreneurial education.
- Innovation and organization for corporate social responsibility.
The best papers presented at the Conference could be submitted for publication in the following journals, according to the usual submission procedures: Prospettive in Organizzazione, Impresa Progetto Electronic Journal of Management, Piccola Impresa/Small Business.
To be confirmed: Economia & Management, Studi organizzativi, Sviluppo & Organizzazione.